Supporting to develop healthier, happier and physically literate children who can excel in the classroom as well as on the sports field..
Leyton Orient Trust run a number of initiatives to support local primary schools, our key aims are to:
- Improve pupil attainment, attendance and behaviour
- Enhance pupils understanding of a healthy lifestyle
- Raise aspirations and increase pupil confidence, self esteem & emotional wellbeing
- Support teachers to increase their confidence in delivering PE
- Develop pupils physical literacy levels ensuring they have the necessary skills to play any sport (not just football!)
In order to do this, we have three core schools programmes that can be tailored to each individual schools needs:
Theo's Healthy HerO's
‘Theo's Healthy HerO’s’ is an innovative educational programme aimed at improving the attainment, attendance, behaviour and wellbeing of school children. This is done through delivery of active learning, physical engagement and achievement mentoring activities.
- Healthy HerO’s has been designed with the ongoing help of Ofsted inspectors & headteachers.
- Healthy HerO’s is delivered in primary schools by specially trained member of Leyton Orient Trust staff
- Healthy HerO’s has been endorsed by the London Healthy Schools Network
- Bespoke to each school we work with and based on specific school objectives that are then monitored, evaluated and reported on at the end of the programme.
We will provide a specially trained member of staff to work in your school for between one and five days per week during the hours of 8.00am to 5.00pm. During this time they are able to deliver a number of activities within their flexible and diverse role. These include a combination of:
- Extra curricular activities (Wake up, Shake up morning clubs, After school clubs)
- Numeracy interventions (Active Maths)
- Literacy interventions (Premier League Reading Stars, Supporter 2 Reporter)
- Catch up sessions (literacy/numeracy)
- General Classroom Support
- Playground Animation
- Alternative Provision (sports leaders)
- Mentoring (improving pupil self esteem, confidence, behaviour)
- PE Lessons (as PPA or additional support for teachers)
- Healthy Lifestyle Sessions
For more information, to book a free consultation or sign your school onto this programme please contact Phillip Smith: firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 8556 5973
Premier League Primary Stars
Funded by the Premier League Charitable Fund we are able to deliver a range of physical activity and classroom based sessions in primary schools across the four London boroughs of Waltham Forest, Redbridge, Tower Hamlets and Hackney. Following a successful pilot year during the 2013/14 season the programme was extended with the investment from the Premier League allowing the trust to contribute to an improvement in the quality and standards of PE delivered at a primary school level by working closely with schools and teachers. The initiative is in response to the new Government agenda for school sport, putting increased emphasis on the importance of PE in primary schools. The free of charge sessions aim to improve physical fitness and fundamental movement skills. As well as having fun exercises it will educate them on exercise and nutrition. Allowing children to improve their self-esteem and school performance as well as enhancing their general well-being.
During the 2017-18 season, Leyton Orient Trust have been funded to work with 30 primary schools from the aforementioned boroughs over the academic year. For more information or to sign up your school for this programme, please contact Phillip Smith: email@example.com
+Sport Move and Learn
Leyton Orient Trust in partnership with The English Football League Trust and Ferrero is delivering the + Sport Move and Learn Project in local schools from September 2016. The + Sport Move and Learn Project is a national school-based educational programme for children aged 9-10 years old, run by football community trusts across the country. It aims to encourage physical activity, promote nutritional education and build awareness of the importance of a healthy diet and active lifestyle.
For more information on the +Sport Move and Learn Project please click here to be directed to the dedicated page
To book your school onto any of the above programmes with Leyton Orient, please contact Phillip Smith: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively please complete the form below and we'll get back to you