Level 2 NCFE Diploma in Sport
This Sport and Football NCFE Level 2 Diploma in Sport is aimed at young people who wish to study sports and leisure in a professional vocational sports setting based at Leyton Orient Football Club and the Score Sports Complex. Football students will receive 6 hours of coaching from Leyton Orient Trust as part of their enrichment programme. There will also be an opportunity to gain an FA Level 1 Coaching Qualification.
- 4 GCSEs at Grade D/3 or above including English and Maths Grade E or above
- Pass/Merit in a relevant Level 1 qualification
- Initial Assessment Minimum Entry 3 English and interview
What will I study?
- Physical Fitness and Injuries in Sport
- Participating in Sport
- Plan, Deliver and Evaluate an Activity Session
- Planning and Running a Sport Event
- Preparing to Work in the Sport and Leisure Industry
- Understanding Business in Sport
- Introduction to Healthy Exercise and Nutrition
How will I be assessed?
- Practical skills
- Fitness levels
- Theory Internal Assessments
Progression to a BTEC Level 3 Diploma/Extended Diploma or employment within the Sports and Leisure industry.