Level 3 BTEC Diploma in Sport
Year 1-Level 3 BTEC Subsidiary Diploma in Sport (60 credits)
Year 2-Level 3 BTEC Diploma in Sport (120 credits-equivalent to 2 A Levels) / Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport (180 credits-equivalent to 3 A Levels)
This Diploma is designed to equip you with the necessary skills for a career within the Sports industry. This course is ideal for those who wish to study sports and leisure in a professional vocational sports setting based at Leyton Orient Football Club and the Score Sports Complex. Football students will receive 6 hours of coaching from Leyton Orient Trust as part of their enrichment programme. There will also be an opportunity to gain an FA Level 1 Coaching Qualification.
Entry Requirements for Subsidiary Diploma:
- 4 GCSEs at Grade C/4-9 or above including English and Maths Grade D or above
- Merit in a relevant Level 2 qualification
- Initial Assessment Minimum Level 1 English/Maths and interview
What will I study?
- Principles of Anatomy and Physiology
- Physiology of Fitness
- Fitness Testing for Sport and Exercise
- Sports Coaching
- Practical Individual/Team Sport
- Sports Development
- Assessing Risk in Sport
How will I be assessed?
Continuous assessment through coursework and practical work.
Progression to Higher Education or employment within the Sports and Leisure industry