Level 1 BTEC Diploma in Sport and Active Leisure
This Sport and Football BTEC Level 1 Diploma in Sport and Active Leisure is aimed at young people who wish to study sports and leisure in a professional vocational sports setting based at Leyton Orient Football Club and the Score Sports Complex. Football students will receive 6 hours of coaching from Leyton Orient Trust as part of their enrichment programme. There will also be an opportunity to gain an FA Level 1 Coaching Qualification.
- 4 GCSEs at Grade E-G/1-2 including Maths and English
- Other relevant qualifications or evidence of prior learning
- Initial Assessment Minimum Entry 3 English and interview
What will I study?
- How the body works
- Taking Part in Exercise and Fitness
- Taking Part in Sport
- Planning your own Fitness Program
- Planning and Leading a Sports Activity
- Assisting at a Sport/Active Leisure Event
- Safe Learning in the Workplace
- Job Opportunities/Working in Sport and Active Leisure
- Carrying out an Individual Project/Working in a Team
- Functional Skills English and Maths
How will I be assessed?
- Practical skills
- Fitness levels
- Theory Internal Assessments
Employment within the Sports and Leisure industry, or progression to the NCFE Level 2 course.